This policies applies to contact persons at companies with which we engage and individuals, registered on our site and those flagged as potential customers, i.e. for anyone whose personal information is in our possession.
We apply the principles of “Privacy by Design” and “Privacy by Default,” and process only enough data to serve our customers, visitors, registered users on our sites, and individuals participating in our events, in the best way possible. We process all personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. All our employees receive training on how to handle data in order to comply with regulations and applicable laws.
At any time, you may opt-in to receive information from us, and opt-out whenever you desire. The possibility to opt-out is presented on every mailing list communication you receive from us. Any other email will be with specific permission from you or a person within your organisation.
We may collect personal identification informataion from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit our site, subscription to newsletters or other information, fill in a form, and in conjuction with other activities, services, features or resources available from IJN Group Pty Limited. Users may be asked for information, such as name, email addresss, employer and phone number. Users may also visit our site anonomously. We will collect personal information from users only if they voluntarily submit that information to us.
Users are welcome to refuse the supply of personal identification information to us. However, in doing so, it may limit them from engaging in certain functionality and from receiving information from us.
Non personal Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with the Site. Non personal information may include the browser name, the type of device and technical information about users adn how they access and navigate our site, e.g. the operatiing system, Internet service providers utilised and other similar information.
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is a new EU Regulation which replaces the 1995 EU Data Protection Directive (DPD). It is law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the EU. The GDPR aims promarily to give control back to individuals over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment, Being a regulation, not a directive, it forces all countries within the EU, and those who wish to deal with the EU to implement GDPR by May 2018.
The GDPR includes requirements that resemble those of the Australian Privacy Act, and additional measures that similarly aim to foster transparent information handling practices and business accountability around data handling. THe GDPR and The Australian Privacy Act 2988 share common requirements, including to:
- implement a privacy by design approach to complaince
- be able to demonstrate compliance with privacy principles and obligations
- adopt transparent information handling practices
There are some notable differences, including certain rights of individuals (e.g. the ‘right to be forgotten’) which do not have an equivalent under the Australia Privacy Act.
Although IJN Gorup Pty Limited has its main establishment in Australia and has not appointed a GDPR lead supervisory authority, we have always, and will continue to always, follow the guidelines of the Office of Australian Information Commissioner (https://oaic.gov.au)
You can learn more about GDPR at https://eugdpr.org/
Web Browser Cookies
To change your non-essential cookies choice for this site please change your browser settings.
You can learn more about cookies at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie
Use of Information
IJN Group Pty Limited may collect and use users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer experience. Information that you provide helps us respond to your requests and needs more efficiently
- To personalise user experience. We use information to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on this site
- To provide products and services to our customers. We will retain data for as long as we are required to in accordance with applicaable Australian law. For financial transactions we are required to retain data for seven years. If you are a nominated contact for one of our customers, we will retain your contact data during the entire contract period between us and your employer, and poosibly thereafter, if warranted.
- To send emails. We may use the email address to respond to enquiries, questions and/or requests. If a user elects to opt-in, we may send emails, including company news, updates, related product or service information, blog posts, etc. It at any time the user would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, there will be detailed instructions to unsubscribe at the boottom of any system generated email.
- To safeguard our legal interests. In case of a dispute with a customer regarding payment or any other matter, we retain your personal data as long as necessary to defend, establish or exercise any claims
- To market our products and services to a contact person for a company, or an individual, that has been flagged as a prospetive customer, where the contact person has not previously objected to direct marketing of our products and services.
If you have consented to us processing your personal information and data for marketing purposes, e.e. when attending a seminar or an event in which we are involved, we will retain you personal data, as long as your cinsent is not withdrawn.
Protection of Information
We follow best practices for data collection, storage and processing, and have security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data store with us.
Sharing of Information
We do not sell, trade or rent users perosnal identification information to others, We share you personal; data with you employer, if applicable, if using our site on behalf of another or using one of our software as a service (SaaS) apps. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlines above.
We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending newsletters, event invitations or surveys, We may provide your information to these third parties for thoes limited pruposes, assuming you have given permission to receive such information. We may also share your persona;l data with Partners if you give us your express permission regarding a specific matter or interest.
Your right to Request Access to Personal Data
You have the right to request an abstract from our data record regarding the use of your persona; data. You also have a right to request a copy of the personal information being process at no cost. However, we may charge you a reasonable administrative fee to provide you with additional copies of the personal data, If you make your access request by electronic means, such as email, we will provide you with the information in a commonly used electronic format.
Your Right to Request Rectification of Your Personal Data
We will, at your request, or at our own initiative, rectify, anonymise, erase or complement personal data that we or you discover is inaccurate, incomplete or misleading. You also have the right to complement the data with additional information if relevant data is missing.
Your Right to Request the Erasure of Your Personal Data
You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data if we have no valid reason for processing the data. Given this, erasure will be made by us if:
- the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected
- you object to the processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interest amd there is no overring legitimate ground for the processing
- the personal data has not been lawfully procesed
- we are reured to erase the personal data due to a legal obligation, or
- you are a child an have collected the personal data in relation to the offer of information services.
However, there might be requirements under applicable law, or other contractual reason, which entail ua not being able to immediately erase your personal data. However, in such a case, we will immediatately stop using your personal; data for any other reasons han to comply with the applicable law, or contractual obligation.
Your Right to Lodge a Complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information covered by the Privacy Act 1988 with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner – https://www.oaic.gov.au/individuals/how-do-i-make-a-privacy-complaint.
Should you experience that IJN Group Pty Limited do not live up to the GDPR and we have contacted you in the EU, then please read more about how to report to the European Commission – https://ec.europa.eu/commission/priorities/justice-and-fundamental-rights/data-protection/2018-reform-eu-data-protection-rules_en
Pricacy Policy Updates
Acceptance of Terms
By using this site, any of our applications or SaaS applications, you accept this poicy and our terms and conditions. If you do not agree, please do not use our site, and please uninstal any applications, if relevant. Your continued use of this site, and any of our applications or SaaS applications, following any changes to this policy statement, will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
How to Contact us
IJN Publishing & Production
jim @ jimpeters.com.au
+61 (0) 2 8007 3412
This document was last updated March 27th 2019